The Big Flight – Be the First to Fly the MAS A380

Get ready for an interesting and historical milestone in the Malaysian aviation history. A journey of epic proportions. After years of waiting, Malaysia Airlines will finally receive their first Airbus A380 Super Jumbo aircraft sometime in June. This is an exciting news for Malaysia Airlines and the local aviation scene and I foresee the arrival of the A380 will bring lots of joy and smile for aviation fans in Malaysia including myself.

Update 17/3/2014: Photo above was used in a ‘photoshop-ed advertisement’ to make fun of the MH370 incident. Kindly be aware that above is the original ad which clearly indicated that its an A380. Click here to read about MH370 incident.

In conjunction with the arrival of the first Malaysia Airlines A380, the airline is organising a unique YouTube contest with the winner getting the chance to fly on a special A380 joyride flight.

AzuanZahdi.com has been chosen to participate in the bloggers category and just like anyone out there all I have to do is to submit a simple short video (maximum of 2 minutes) showcasing my unique skills/talent and why I deserve to be on the A380.

It’s so simple. At least simple enough for those with hidden unique talent. So if u can juggle balls or do magic tricks or eat fire it would be simple for you! 🙂

Instead of trying to be someone I’m not, I decided to keep it simple and highlight the one thing that I feel strongly about which is my love towards aviation.

Afterall who is crazy enough to fly to Kuching and Mukah for no reason but to just try out the Twin Otter, or crazy enough to try a new route just to get the chance to fly on an empty cabin, or never had enough of flying? The answer is me!

and my love towards the A380 is not something new. Back in 2005 when the A380 first came to Malaysia, I stood outside the airport perimeter just to get a glimpse of the A380. Such a beautiful sight.

It would be even better if my blog reader (yes, you!) can join me on the joyride flight. Under the general category for the Big Flight Competition, there are 8 passes to be given away so what are you waiting for? Click this link here – http://bit.ly/MYA380Azuan and go submit your entry. I’m sure you can produce a much sleeker video than mine 🙂

A380, I look forward to see you! 🙂

Update: I managed to get a seat on the A380’s first flight – here’s the link.

1. asnida April 6, 2012 at 6:51 am

steady gambar kening bro! haha anyway aku sokong kau… a true aviation blogger to be part of this… go go go

2. Zamari Bin Samsudin April 6, 2012 at 10:03 am

Yes you deserve to be on that flight, hey I am not good in expressing why should you be but I am regular follower of your blog, and you deserve to be in the Big flight.

3. Zarul Umbrella April 6, 2012 at 12:46 pm

atleast im proud to be a MH cabin crew

4. azuan April 6, 2012 at 2:34 pm

You should be proud En Zarul! World Class crew 🙂

btw album baru ok? Saw you on Melodi recently. All the best 🙂

5. najih April 6, 2012 at 4:39 pm

nice video… i’ll help to add more comment so that you can take a picture with one of stewardess.. hehe :p

6. Adam April 6, 2012 at 5:07 pm

MAS, this guy deserve more than a pair of tickets for your A380 joyride. Seriously, he is the only aviation blogger here in Malaysia, and very passionate about it too !

7. Bryan April 6, 2012 at 9:54 pm

best of luck! drag me along for the joyride oso.. 🙁

• azuan April 6, 2012 at 10:12 pm

Najih: thanks, hopefully I get at least 30 comments 🙂

Adam: tqvm for your kind words bro. Really appreciate it.

Bryan: thanks Capt. Hope you’ll get the chance to fly one of the A380 in future 🙂

8. Somita Raj April 7, 2012 at 9:46 am

Awesome video Azuan…your love for aviation is truly deep..I particularly felt sayu when you were looking at the A380 through the fence. Wishing you all the best and a message to MAS…this guy is a true fan of aviation!

9. Lin Ai Feng April 7, 2012 at 1:15 pm

hahahahahah very funny & creative indeed, especially the sleep aviation part! ure such a crazy guy. i really really hope you will win this thing, Azuan! MAS please choose him, i think his love for aviation is the same as how much a fat kid likes to eat! lol all the best!

10. santorian April 7, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Hahahaha..
    Awesome video.
    good luck then.
    u deserve to be the winner. 🙂

11. zaimi jismi April 7, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Love it! Go Azuan!

12. RaRa April 7, 2012 at 4:28 pm

All the best Azuan!

13. jibs April 7, 2012 at 6:30 pm

I think we have a winner! Go for it!

• azuan April 7, 2012 at 10:09 pm

Lin Ai Feng: Yes, i’m like a fat boy crazy over food 🙂 hehe

Santorian: Thanks bro

Kak Zaimi: TQVM. Saja suka2 kalau ada nasib menang 🙂

Rara: Thank you. I need all the luck in the world.

Jibs: Still too early to tell but insyaAllah. thanks.

14. elisa farhana April 7, 2012 at 11:31 pm

Goodluck! MAS should definitely choose you!

15. amirah April 7, 2012 at 11:58 pm

hahaha..
    since ur shirt kate “skate free or die” maybe u should try skating on the plane?

u should win this thing! then boleh try it out..hehe

16. cikbelang April 8, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Good luck! you deserve to get it.

17. Ronnie Lee April 8, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Great work Azuan!
    U make Malaysia proud and you deserved to be on that plane.
    By the way, sedapnya roti canai yg u makan tu 😉

18. Rafidzi April 8, 2012 at 9:49 pm

Azuan,you surely deserve to be part of this transformational milestone of the Malaysian aviation history. MH judges,think no further….

19. Muhammad Amir (amir5339) April 9, 2012 at 1:30 pm

bro nak vote kt mana…btw good luck 4 joy ride…ada tiket lebih x hihihihi (amir5339)nice video show a truly of aviation person…

• azuan April 11, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Bro Amir, thanks so much. There is no voting but appreciate you leaving your comments here. 🙂

Noktah: thanks bro singgah blog kecil saya ni.

20. Wabbit April 12, 2012 at 10:09 am

all the best dude 😉

21. NEXO April 12, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Azuan, why you have to be chosen to get into this flight? Why? PASSION, HOBBY, ENTHUSIAST, Overwhelming by the sound of the engine! (hahahha rihgt?) and mostly, between you and the Malaysia Airlines, your blog seems to bringing up and to know better plus in depth with this Airline. that’s why! i think you deserve it. MAS should consider this. Macam nak dapat pangkat Dato’ laaaa Wan… naikkan nama M’sia, baru boleh dapat title…. aaaaaa gituh ler teknik dia kekdahnya.

22. azuan@mobile April 12, 2012 at 5:15 pm

Nexo: Terima kasih Tuan! Hahah you got a point there but i write what i love the most. so if i win, i win. If not, better luck next time 🙂

Wabbit: Thanks for dropping by dude

23. mt via e-mail April 12, 2012 at 6:39 pm

Hi Azuan,

I wanted to comment at your blog post just now, but I don’t know why I can’t. I only can type 2 letter instead of 3 at the verification part below.

Anyway, wish you good luck for your Big Flight Contest too!! 🙂

Nice to know about you and your passion.

mt
    Meitzeu @ Blog
    Meitzeu @ Facebook
    Meitzeu @ Twitter

24. Nix April 14, 2012 at 6:54 am

Azuan, well done….good luck bro!!

25. Tossee April 14, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Sape lagi yang layak tolong kasik tau sket? takde orang lain dah….Azuan jek yang layak….Awak mesti berjaya Azuan, saya menyokong penuh segala usaha awak untuk menang.

Terima Kasih.

Yang Sentiasa Memberi Dorongan,
    Tossee.

(Err…Azuan pasnih kasik banjer roti banjir yer…penat tau berkempen utk ko nih.)

• azuan April 15, 2012 at 12:02 pm

Tossee and Nix: Thanks bros 🙂 Appreciate the kind words. You guys understand kan apa perasaan duduk luar pagar nak tengok kapal, kena halau etc. we went through it last time! haha

26. Man April 16, 2012 at 10:21 am

Azuan!!!! 36 comments so you better keep up with your words and take photos with 3 stewardess at least!

27. Milah April 16, 2012 at 12:15 pm

hai, azuan.

mmg ai vote tuk u.kalau berjaya kasi post pic byk2 skit k. takde sape lebih layak selain dr u. take care bro! All the best 🙂

28. Thristhan April 16, 2012 at 5:06 pm

Hi Bro, really had a good laugh at your video at you trying their talents. All the best man, hopefully we would both win to travel together.

29. jihab April 18, 2012 at 8:27 am

nice one bro.. really funny… i’ll vote you…

30. Nik April 20, 2012 at 7:14 pm

Azuan, i love your blog… keep posting and i really wish u get the Ticket… for MAS, this is your guy here.. let him win

31. Nazz April 24, 2012 at 3:55 pm

Helo Azuan, love to read this post. Very cool and relaxing. Would love to see A380 landing in Sandakan. —> Very wishful thinking 2012.

• azuan April 26, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Nazz: thanks! who knows one day 🙂

Courtyard: glad that you liked my post. Kuching and Sarawak is definitely in my future list.

Kev.y: early next month. thanks 🙂

32. CourtYard Kuching85 April 25, 2012 at 2:06 pm

Just bump in here today. Really Good Blog about food and Traveling. Just come back to Kuching after almost 7 years in KL. Seeing your stay in Kuching teach me few thing that i’ve miss in Kuching.

33. kev.y April 25, 2012 at 11:20 pm

The contest finally closed, I wish you all the best 🙂 When is the announcement of the winner will be coming out?