New Kebaya for MAS Stewardess?

I was contemplating whether to write about the recent hot news in local aviation – the MAS and Air Asia collaboration and share swap deal. As much as I want to share my strong personal views on the deal, I have decided that it’s best for me to keep it to myself. Rather than cracking my head analysing and blogging on the ‘monopoly’ deal, I chose to write a more ‘light & easy’ aviation related blog post. 🙂

As part of my aviation collectibles, I collect inflight magazines from various airlines and Going Places magazine by Malaysia Airlines has always been on top of my favourite list.

I was flipping through the latest edition of Going Places, the Merdeka edition when something on page 92 caught the attention of my eyes.

The stewardess.

No it’s not my ex-girlfriend or someone I know. To be specific the stewardess’ uniform. It looks different.

Similar but definitely not the same as the current uniform.

A closer look at the photos and I realized that even the steward in the photo was wearing a new turquoise colour suit. Groovy I would say!

In my opinion, the kebaya is the signature of MAS’s cabin crew and the new colour and design just makes it more up to date and elegant.

Excited to blog about it, I went online with my iPad and downloaded the iPad version of Going Places for ahigher resolution photos. To my surprise, when I flipped to page 92, I saw a different set of photos!

The iPad version uses a set of similar photos with the crew wearing the current uniform.

Whether it was a printing mistake or a clever teaser, it caught my attention and I really hope the uniform update will go on as soon as possible 🙂 if there is one thing that keeps MAS alive all these years it must be the crew and the uniform plays a big part in this Malaysian Hospitality image.

After all updating the kebaya is way better than changing to a more daring red colour mini skirts which is not impossible in today’s local aviation scene 🙂

p/s: the English version of the page is at page 10. Similar set of photos.

[facebook]http://www.azuanzahdi.com/index.php/2011/08/15/new-kebaya-for-the-mas-stewardess/[/facebook]

[retweet]http://www.azuanzahdi.com/index.php/2011/08/15/new-kebaya-for-the-mas-stewardess/[/retweet]

1. sheila August 15, 2011 at 8:04 am

how on earth u manage to spotthis kind of things? Always checking out stewardess photos la tu… hahaha

2. Azima Ahmad Zahdi August 15, 2011 at 11:15 am

gatal, bagitahu kak jiji. hahaha. nerddddd

3. Bella Enveeus August 15, 2011 at 12:22 pm

Haha.. Are you sure it was the kebaya n you weren’t checking the stewardess instead? LOL! Tajamnya penglihatanmu! 😛

4. Lil jay August 15, 2011 at 12:32 pm

Nice colour especially on the steward.

5. figliiz August 16, 2011 at 10:37 am

Nice article, saya penggemar kebaya dan mempunyai blog yang membahas mengenai informasi kebaya. Boleh saya minta foto kebaya pramugari ini. Thanks a lot ….

6. papi August 17, 2011 at 2:44 pm

Azuan,

I think the new one look so dull laa.. especially for stewardess, but look ok in steward.

7. Dr. Ben August 19, 2011 at 11:18 pm

Kebaya is BAHAYA!

salam ramadan 😉

8. aninie August 23, 2011 at 8:41 am

jeles seyh tengok badan stewardess ni. mimpi la aku nak pakai gitu, selepas beranak 2. last2 aku pakai kebarung. cittt.
    kesimpulannya, ape kata tukar kaler kebaya tu?
    tak pun tukar je aku dgn stewardess tu, confirm azuan jeling pon tak mau hahahah.siap skip pages lagi.
    Selamat berpuasa Azuan n Jiji!

9. Amer @TendToTravel September 11, 2011 at 4:56 pm

wah awek2 MAS dengan kebayanya. Personally I think this will be their new uniforms. I’ve heard they were going to do this anyway. I’m quite sure its for their A380 launch in March next year between KUL-LHR. with a new signature plane comes new seats, new uniforms and hopefully a renewed energy. I quite like the updated version, more modern. Those yucky green for the guys..would you ever wear a suit like that? That’s 1970’s!

10. reef November 3, 2011 at 7:44 am

personally,i want the uniform to change color,maintain the kebaya,cos that is MAS…if that’s the color that has been chosen…eww
    it will not suit everybody… that turquoise blue is rather ugly…

11. Duch Of Hornbill January 8, 2012 at 8:29 pm

My comments :

Male FA – great colour, great change, looks professional.

Female FA – i suppose the current colour is better. turquoise colour is just too bright and not suits for our asian skin colour especially for those having a dark skins colour. Its just to bright.. as for me, the darker the base colour the better it will looks.

12. zaimi jismi January 25, 2012 at 5:28 pm

As an ex-cabin crew, I too agree with Duch of Hornbill. Wish i was in that female FA’s uniform again….those were days! 😉

13. Tossee April 14, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Warna tak cantik la azuan…corak2 kebaya tuh cam corak kain batik orang2 tua jek yg pakai…warna biru muda tuh cam warna baju jururawat kat bilik bersalin hospital besar.

Utk peramugara lak…kenapa warna necktie sama dgn warna baju? takde nampak kontra ler, kalau macam tu baik tak payah pakai tie.

Yang Ikhlas Beri Komen,
    Tossee.

14. Mat ensem sikit April 14, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Confirm.. Before MAS will start using new uniform (only for steward) beginning on July in collaboration with the new launch or new Airbus 380. Kebaya stewardess cancle sebab ramai komplen tak cantik.. and i also prefer old kebaya.. new one is sooooooooooooo tak cantik trust me.. even my stewardess fren also tak suke huhuhu…

15. azree June 29, 2012 at 1:39 pm

they will wear new uniform on 1 july 2012.

16. azuan July 1, 2012 at 12:42 am