Quality Time in The Kitchen!

Another blog post on one of my favorite weekend activity since I got married which is COOKING! Of course the cooking part being done by Jiji while I focus on what I do best, eating and snapping photos πŸ™‚

After 2 weekends being away in Saudi Arabia, it was nice to be able to spend time on weekends with my other half and enjoy her cooking which is one of the benefits of being married. Last weekend, the menu was Grilled Fish, Garden Salad and Mashed Potato. Simple menu to balance off all the crazy Mandy rice feasts I had in Saudi.

Potatoes being washed.

All set, ready for the next step.

20 minutes in hot water.

Sutchi Fish – fresh from the sea Giant Supermarket.

To prepare the fish, first you need some Virgin Oil. Me prefer Extra Virgin πŸ˜›

Salt, Pepper and virgin oil spread all over the fish.

More Virgin Oil

and some bread crumbs (Roti Rimah???)

make sure it’s covered with bread crumbs

I have the easiest task in the kitchen – lifting the super heavy oven.

All set, ready to go.

The Garden Salad – fresh from Cameron Highlands Giant Supermarket.

1-minute to get the Garden Salad prepared.

It took Jiji only 35 minutes to prepare lunch.

The Grilled Fish.

Soft yet a bit of crunchy feel.

Yummy!!

The Garden Salad

And the Mashed Potato.

Thanks to my other half, i had a good lunch and lots of laughter. The Key to a man’s heart is his stomach. I look forward for this coming weekend for Briyani Cooking Session!

1. Clive November 3, 2009 at 1:51 am

sweeeeet! πŸ˜€

i want one!heeee

2. aninie November 3, 2009 at 1:51 pm

me too me too.

3. aninie November 3, 2009 at 1:56 pm

heheh a key to a happy marriage is a happy stomache. hehehehe no wonder ur stomach look soooooooo happy kihkihkih
    p/s nasib badan btuah dpt wife pandai masak, skali dpt yg pandai order je hahahah, happy wallet le jwbnye.bile ko lak nak masak? ayik jijie je

4. azuan November 3, 2009 at 1:58 pm

aku akan masak bila esoknyer kitorng nak MC…. aku masak confirm esoknyer food poisoning…

5. azuan November 3, 2009 at 2:01 pm

woi… perut aku mana ada besar sangat woi… biasa2 jer… maintain…

6. Other half November 3, 2009 at 2:14 pm

Thanks a lot sayang… Spicy beriani weekend ni plak ok…

7. jazzmatazzed November 6, 2009 at 6:58 pm

Gua pun ada roti rimah tu! Kekekeke.. what a name! I thought they used to call it serbuk roti!

8. Nazri bin Mohd. Najib December 6, 2009 at 12:41 am

Superb. I am so jealous. Nanti boleh mintak Jijie ajarkan future wife I masak ?

P/S – aku nampak Giant Supermarket πŸ˜‰

9. fish oil January 17, 2010 at 3:05 am

I am a retired firefighter. Lately I am feeling degregationproblems with my memory and I am concerned about it. I was considering memory practice, or omega3 fish oil capsuls. What is the best bet?