RC@Kota Damansara Airshow for Orphans

Personally, I believe that it is extremely important to do what we can, to help those less fortunate than us. Over and over again, we think that even though there are those suffering out there, we “must be worry about our lives first.” It is true that we cannot help others if we cannot help ourselves; however, it should not stop us from extending our hand to the less fortunate. Not every one has what you have! Charity may not necessarily be in the form of money but it could also be in kind. You could provide with food, cloths, or even time and effort.

Since I left Colgate-Palmolive a year ago, the new job has been crazy with lots and lots of new things to pick up and less-personal time. I always try to squeeze some time and effort (and $$) to give back to the society. Many small tokens and ‘personal efforts’ have been given out but “helping people? is very addictive. I always think there’s more I can offer to the less fortunate.

A month ago, I heard about a charity program being organized by a group of Radio-Controlled (RC) Airplane enthusiasts. One of the RC Group members invited the Malaysian Wings (another aviation enthusiast group which I actively join) to join the fun. I am not a fan of RC Airplanes as it is a very expensive hobby yet it is great to see them doing their bit for the society hence I decided to join in the fun.

16/3/2008, the RC@Kota Damansara Airshow for Orphans started at 9A.M. Usually, I’m a morning person but last night I was crazily busy with some paperwork till late and this morning I was doing some stress-release flightsim, hence I did not make it on time for the charity event. I think it was OK as I’m not involve in the event, just came in as visitor and try to help wherever I can.

The crowd was good, around 80 orphans.

The planes are awesome. Some cost as much as a car (RM40,000!). Can’t imagine if its crash!

Met up with some of the guys and gal from Malaysian Wings. This is the same gang that I flew with last month in Subang. One of the Malaysian Wings members suggested keeping the boys and girls busy with some paper airplane activity. I joined in and help to teach these energetic kids on the art of paper airplane. It was fun!

And later the crowd for paper airplane builds up and some of the MH stewardess volunteers came in to help.

All and all it was a fun activity and I hope to be able to join in similar charity events in the future. It’s the least I can do 🙂

Malaysian Wings @ RC@KD

1. Aaron Wakling March 16, 2008 at 3:15 pm

Good Blog. I will continue reading it in the future. Nice layout too.

Aaron Wakling

2. KLLim March 17, 2008 at 1:40 am

Azuan,

Thanks for coming and to support RC@KD Airshow for Orphans. Hope you had plenty of fun taking photos! And your photos are great!

Cheers

3. samurai jack March 17, 2008 at 2:01 am

Azuan ,

Thanks for your support RC@KD Air Show For Orphan and what a great picture you had shot.
    Come join us play RC at KD. It is not expensive as you tought.You can start as low as RM250 Ready To Fly Kit and you wont regret.You are welcome to KD RC. We has a lot SiFu here to guide you.

Samurai Jack

4. Azuan March 17, 2008 at 7:02 am

Thanks KLLim and Samurai Jack from MalaysianRC!

It was a great event and kudos to all of you for organising it.

Yes, it has sparked my interest towards RC. I think its a fun hobby and hopefully when i’m a bit less busy, i can start to venture into the RC Wrold 😀

by the way, my camera ‘biasa’ only. Cheapo RM500 sony point and shoot hehehe…that explains the low-res photos.

5. captnewbie March 17, 2008 at 7:37 am

Azuan, Thank You for coming. Nice story.

6. Azuan March 17, 2008 at 9:50 am

No worries Capt! Thanks for organizing it.

7. Steelmouse March 17, 2008 at 11:18 am

Azuan, nice story and photograph for the RC@KD Airshow For Orphans, guess whoever go to KD yesterday sure have a nice memory …

8. nubli March 17, 2008 at 1:02 pm

Nice job bro… Good report too.. We need this kind of helping hands in our society…

And I’m sure one day you will fly rc too.. keep coming to this site KD 😉 and not to forget to visit malaysia-rc.com too

good luck in your carieer

9. azuan March 17, 2008 at 6:18 pm

Thanks…thanks! Great to have so many visitors to my blog from RcMalaysia 🙂

10. beda March 22, 2008 at 1:00 pm

azuan!
    inspiring to know you’re still doing community work!
    =).

11. azuan March 29, 2008 at 11:41 pm

Beda…good to see you here.

Its the least i can do la…help others at the same time helping myself 🙂

12. Ronald July 9, 2008 at 4:57 pm

Whether you are a child or a child at heart, this activity is directed to anyone that wants to have fun. When I was younger I enjoyed playing with one of the RC dune buggies I mentioned earlier. This thing was able to conquer dirt, pavement, anything I could drive it through. These days, I still love the RC cars, but my passion has move more towards the sky. RC Airplanes and helicopters are the big boy’s toys in the
    RC hobbies world.

13. Radio Controlled Rc August 27, 2009 at 1:47 am

I was searching for Blogs about RC@Kota Damansara Airshow for Orphans | My World and found this site. I am interested in your content and I appreciate sites like this.

14. FrancisSandra18 March 14, 2010 at 1:24 am

It’s known that money makes us disembarrass. But how to act when somebody does not have cash? The only one way is to get the loan and car loan.